Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 7: The Tale of Spiritual Education





Week 7: The Tale of Spiritual Education

For this week I decided to try to read both PDFs listed on the resource page, I started off by reading the Harry Potter Prequel  because I was interested in reading it as a Harry Potter fan myself.  I enjoyed the little short story ending with the little bit on Sirius and James.   


The second one I read through was by Eric Morgenstern, Night Circus.  A very interesting read, the story itself was stronger and more world building more than the actual characters in ways I feel.  Overall, it was alright. I feel as though like other novels in this genre it’s not as morally centered like others. It seemed more dissociated or almost like it wasn’t even making a statement. (At least relating to this week’s topic.) I feel like they spent way too much time on parts of the novel that weren’t interesting at all.

I think literature about magic in general can play a role in captivating young adult readers, usually in stories with a younger character going through challenges in their life that are normal.  School issues or problems with others with magic added onto it. Of course, Harry potter has these elements although the character goes through deciding if he’s good or bad, and sometimes it’s about their romantic interest but with more added onto it. Like deadly tournaments and battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment